horiz sign up

For your complementary copy of the new eBook

"Playing by the Rules Didn't Work"

PLUS receive our FREE newsletter.   Enter your email below.

My Eyelids Disappeared!

I don't know about you, but some time in the last few years my eyelids disappeared. Now I have that area between the eyelid crease and the eyebrow that's a bit baggy and droops over to cover my eyelid.

Most eye makeup techniques assume that your eyelids can be seen when your eyes are open. Well that was the case 20 years ago but it isn't anymore.
So I've been experimenting with ways to use the eyeshadow to hide that droopy upper eye area. I usually end up not wearing makeup because most things I try look worse.

I recently came across a new makeup book that claims to be specifically aimed at women over 40.


The Makeup Wakeup: Revitalizing Your Look at Any Age

Here's what the two authors say about the book:

Lois and Sandy say: "Women 40+ tell us they feel invisible in a world of beauty that is really marketing to younger women. We felt a need to write a beauty guide we'd read ourselves, one that solved the kinds of issues women face every day."


I think I'll give this book a try. I'll let you know how it works out.

Do you find that you have to change your makeup techniques thanks to Mother Nature and her poor sense of humor?

Attention Editors, Publishers, Marketers, Bloggers and Webmasters!
You can republish your favorite Creative Boomer articles without charge. Leverage our powerful content on your website or blog! Republishing our articles is simple. You must include attribution of the author(s) and the following short paragraph, in the same font size and visibility as the article: "This article appears courtesy of Creative Boomer", linking Creative Boomer name to this website.
Unless a guest expert is mentioned, the author is Ann Tucker.