horiz sign up

For your complementary copy of the new eBook

"Playing by the Rules Didn't Work"

PLUS receive our FREE newsletter.   Enter your email below.

The Woman I Am Needs To Roar Again


Do you remember Helen Reddy singing?

“I am woman hear me roar, in numbers too big to ignore”
“If I have to, I can do anything. I am strong. I am invincible. 
I am woman.”

When that song first came out, we all sang it at the top of our lungs.

We believed every word.

But then somewhere between sewing peace patches on our hip-huggers and piecing together a family life, we lost ourselves.

Now a few decades later, instead of saying
“I am woman hear me roar”

We find ourselves saying:
Why would anyone listen to me?
What do I know?

Okay, so you probably wouldn’t be caught dead in that tie-dyed halter top that you once thought was your most fabulous top.

But deep down, you’re that same woman only better and more experienced. You just need to believe in yourself again.

So here’s your homework:

Watch this video twice.
First time through, tell me you didn’t sing along to the chorus.
And tell me by the second time through you didn’t remember most of the words!





Maybe it’s time we pulled this record album out of the back of the closet, dust it off and play it as our theme song again.

We need to remind ourselves that we are strong women.
And we need to remind others that we roar in numbers too big to ignore!

We are invincible not invisible.

And together we will roar and be heard. We have a lifetime of wisdom and experience that we can share.

There are plenty of things that you are good at.
If you want to write a book, you can.
If you want to start an online business, you can.

If I hear you again say
Why would anyone listen to me?
What do I know?

I’m going to be forced to make you listen to our theme song until you believe it AGAIN!
.
.

Attention Editors, Publishers, Marketers, Bloggers and Webmasters!
You can republish your favorite Creative Boomer articles without charge. Leverage our powerful content on your website or blog! Republishing our articles is simple. You must include attribution of the author(s) and the following short paragraph, in the same font size and visibility as the article: "This article appears courtesy of Creative Boomer", linking Creative Boomer name to this website.
Unless a guest expert is mentioned, the author is Ann Tucker.