horiz sign up

For your complementary copy of the new eBook

"Playing by the Rules Didn't Work"

PLUS receive our FREE newsletter.   Enter your email below.

Boomer Women - old enough to know what we want & young enough to go after it

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


I did some brainstorming of the types of articles I’d like to write on this blog. I used my Elevator Speech as a starting point:


Marketers ignore Trailblazing Boomer Women. 
Their Error.
Let’s explore Creativity, Marketing to Boomers 
& Starting a Business.


As I thought of post ideas, I linked them to one of the three categories I had in my elevator speech.

Click on Mind Map for a readable view.


To my surprise, all of the ideas fell into 2 of the categories. None of the ideas linked to the third one!
This gave me a clearer picture of which way I want to take this blog. A general road map to follow. It also showed me that my elevator pitch was no longer relevant.
I revised my pitch based on the results of the above road map.


The newest evolution of my blog’s elevator pitch or mission statement:



Trailblazing Boomer Women are 
old enough to know what we want and 
young enough to go after it.


Let's explore starting a business marketing to
Boomer Women.



Since my elevator pitch is in the design of my blog business card, I've redesigned that as well. Good thing I hadn't ordered them yet.


Here's the front and back design for my blog business card:

http://tinyurl.com/creativeboomer-bizcard

I wanted to have the card contain the URL, contact info, elevator pitch and the two images I use as branding for the blog. That would have been too crowded for a one-sided card so I opted to do a two-sided card. There is still a little white space if someone wanted to jot a note on it while we spoke.
.
.
Attention Editors, Publishers, Marketers, Bloggers and Webmasters!
You can republish your favorite Creative Boomer articles without charge. Leverage our powerful content on your website or blog! Republishing our articles is simple. You must include attribution of the author(s) and the following short paragraph, in the same font size and visibility as the article: "This article appears courtesy of Creative Boomer", linking Creative Boomer name to this website.
Unless a guest expert is mentioned, the author is Ann Tucker.