horiz sign up

For your complementary copy of the new eBook

"Playing by the Rules Didn't Work"

PLUS receive our FREE newsletter.   Enter your email below.

Are you insane?

The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing expecting different results.

For years we followed the advice to:
  • do well in school
  • get a good job with a big company
  • buy a house
If we followed this advice, we were guarantee the American dream and a nice comfortable retirement.
Well, I followed that advice and I don't see a nice comfortable retirement in my future.
Do you?

Enough insanity, I'm trying something different!

Now when I get home from my day job, I'm reading voraciously about:
  • how to start a business,
  • how to be an entrepreneur and
  • how to run an online business.

I feel like I'm back in school. But you know what? I feel more in control of my life than I have in a long time.

The book I've talked about in other posts is one of the ventures I am growing. Another is a custom bra business. These are two businesses I'm working on as I learn. I'm using them as my real-life “MBA” course.
My goal is to become a full-time entrepreneur. I know this will take time. But I've taken the first steps.

A friend of mine just finished her first semester of culinary school. She too decided to stop the insanity and try something different. Kudos to you Michelle!

Another friend picked up and moved across the state to advance her life as an artist. Way to go Carly!

Do you feel that following the “rules” is like the definition of insanity, have you done something to stop the insanity?
Leave a comment and tell me what you're doing to redefine your life.
.
.
Attention Editors, Publishers, Marketers, Bloggers and Webmasters!
You can republish your favorite Creative Boomer articles without charge. Leverage our powerful content on your website or blog! Republishing our articles is simple. You must include attribution of the author(s) and the following short paragraph, in the same font size and visibility as the article: "This article appears courtesy of Creative Boomer", linking Creative Boomer name to this website.
Unless a guest expert is mentioned, the author is Ann Tucker.