horiz sign up

For your complementary copy of the new eBook

"Playing by the Rules Didn't Work"

PLUS receive our FREE newsletter.   Enter your email below.

Brain Candy, Sometimes You Just Need Some

I’ve been reading a lot of serious, non-fiction technical books lately. Top that with having a head cold for the last few days and my brain was fried.

I needed a mental vacation … some Brain Candy.

For me, the best Brain Candy is a well-crafted romance novel.
  • I don’t have to follow any plot like I would in a suspense thriller.
  • I don’t have to follow the logic of an idea like I would in a technical manual.
  • I don’t have to keep track of when, where and who like I would in a biography.

In a romance novel, I just get to coast along, enjoy the scenery and anticipate the “happily ever after” at the end.
A pure mental vacation!
Brain Candy at its finest

So yesterday I was perusing the “romance shelves” at Amazon. With all the media attention lately about the Royal Wedding in the UK, I decided I wanted a romance with a royal theme.

I stumble upon an independent (“indie”), self-published author, Elizabeth Lennox. Her book cover jumped out at me because it was different, a black background with 2 people’s portraits. The story description for “Mistress to the Prince” sounded like exactly what I was looking for.

With “indie” authors, the books tend to be really good or really bad. At $3 for a Kindle book, I tried it. This author falls into the really good category. The story was well crafted and enjoyable. Exactly what I needed for my mental vacation.
I will definitely go back for more of this author's enjoyable books. She may be self-published but she writes better stories than a lot of the authors being published by the big publishing houses.

Find her books on Amazon here:

(The only negative I have about her book was in the Kindle formating. In about 3 places, a few sentences got jumbled up. I could figure out what was intended but it did momentarily pop me out of the story. This type of thing seems to happen a lot in indie books.)
.
.

Attention Editors, Publishers, Marketers, Bloggers and Webmasters!
You can republish your favorite Creative Boomer articles without charge. Leverage our powerful content on your website or blog! Republishing our articles is simple. You must include attribution of the author(s) and the following short paragraph, in the same font size and visibility as the article: "This article appears courtesy of Creative Boomer", linking Creative Boomer name to this website.
Unless a guest expert is mentioned, the author is Ann Tucker.