horiz sign up

For your complementary copy of the new eBook

"Playing by the Rules Didn't Work"

PLUS receive our FREE newsletter.   Enter your email below.

The Age of Fashion Privilege

I am starting this blog as an early birthday present to myself.  It's a way to mark a milestone in my journey.
In a few months, I will be turning 50.

It's funny, I don't tell people how old I'm turning and my husband knows that any kind of "hey your 50!" party is a justifiable cause for homicide. But even with all that, I'm not nearly as upset about turning 50 as I was about turning 40!

It probably helps that people tell me I look a lot younger than what 50 is perceived to look like.
So how did I arrive at the name of this blog? Well, after I turned 40 I dressed very frumpy and drab for a number of years. I felt old. But in recent years I've been dressing more for what pleases me and what puts a sparkle in my husband's eyes. I have a lot less care that other people may think I'm too old to dress a certain way.

With age comes the privilege of determining my own fashion.
And so the name of the blog... The Age of Fashion Privilege
Attention Editors, Publishers, Marketers, Bloggers and Webmasters!
You can republish your favorite Creative Boomer articles without charge. Leverage our powerful content on your website or blog! Republishing our articles is simple. You must include attribution of the author(s) and the following short paragraph, in the same font size and visibility as the article: "This article appears courtesy of Creative Boomer", linking Creative Boomer name to this website.
Unless a guest expert is mentioned, the author is Ann Tucker.