horiz sign up

For your complementary copy of the new eBook

"Playing by the Rules Didn't Work"

PLUS receive our FREE newsletter.   Enter your email below.

Maybe Grandma was smarter than I thought

We recently had to go thru my late grandmother's things. Going thru her massive collection of costume jewelry was eye-opening.
I don't remember her wearing much jewelry the last 20-30 years but photos of her before that showed her with large, eye-catching necklaces, earrings, bracelets or pins. She didn't wear a lot of it, just enough to add interest.



I have her double-row, "Betty Rubble" pearl necklace.
I took it for purely sentimental reasons as I would NEVER wear a necklace that large!
Well, I was wrong in so many ways.

I have a beautiful raw silk suit in a light shade of celery that I wore with a white shell. The outfit didn't look conservative but it was missing something. For the heck of it, I tried on my grandmother's costume pearl necklace.

Oh wow!

That necklace, that I'd thought I'd never wear, had polished off my outfit. The outfit looked perfect, just making enough of a statement without going over the top. And I felt gorgeous in it!

I have a few more pieces from her collection that I now want to try wearing.
And this past weekend, I picked up a few large costume jewelry necklaces.
I want to someday have as good a costume jewelry collection as she did.

Grandma had a better fashion sense than I gave her credit for when I was a child.
Maybe I just needed to be old enough to appreciate her glamour!
Attention Editors, Publishers, Marketers, Bloggers and Webmasters!
You can republish your favorite Creative Boomer articles without charge. Leverage our powerful content on your website or blog! Republishing our articles is simple. You must include attribution of the author(s) and the following short paragraph, in the same font size and visibility as the article: "This article appears courtesy of Creative Boomer", linking Creative Boomer name to this website.
Unless a guest expert is mentioned, the author is Ann Tucker.