horiz sign up

For your complementary copy of the new eBook

"Playing by the Rules Didn't Work"

PLUS receive our FREE newsletter.   Enter your email below.

Never to Old to Dance Your Heart Out

Have you ever wanted to start something like dancing but thought "I'm too old to start that!"
Well, you're not!


My husband and I have been ballroom dancing together for about 5 years. We've gotten pretty good. Once on a cruise, someone asked us if we were professionals! That compliment had our feet barely touching the ground for the rest of the evening!


I think most of our "talent" comes from the fact that we love dancing together. You can't peel the smiles off of our faces. We've been told that we're fun to watch because we're obviously having fun.
As much as I'd like to think we are somewhat better than average, it’s going to be a while before we can dance like the woman in this video does!


Here is Sarah Paddy Jones age 75 dancing Salsa with her coach Nicholas Espluosa age 35.
The next time you think you're too old to try something, think of this lady doing acrobatic salsa!

Watch this video all the way thru. The dancing gets even better in the second half.




I first watched this video on another YouTube feed that said it was Ginger Rogers at 92.
The dancing is amazing but it didn’t look like Ginger Rogers. I’ve loved ballroom dancing all my life so I have seen Fred & Ginger movies many times. This woman was too short and her face just didn’t look like Ginger Rogers’. I did some digging and found out that this video is actually Sarah Paddy Jones not Ginger Rogers (who died in 1995).



Here is a CNN interview with Sarah in 2009.

Talk about a role model, 
I want to be just like her when I grow up!

Attention Editors, Publishers, Marketers, Bloggers and Webmasters!
You can republish your favorite Creative Boomer articles without charge. Leverage our powerful content on your website or blog! Republishing our articles is simple. You must include attribution of the author(s) and the following short paragraph, in the same font size and visibility as the article: "This article appears courtesy of Creative Boomer", linking Creative Boomer name to this website.
Unless a guest expert is mentioned, the author is Ann Tucker.